Can I have a ppp Cut a long story short my LB dad has said he doesn’t want anyt…


Can I have a ppp

Cut a long story short my LB dad has said he doesn’t want anything to do with him anymore and have no contact but he’s on the birth certificate so does that mean I’m going to have problems in future when it comes to passports and going abroad and things like that? N also does anyone know how I go about getting him to sign his parental rights over to me n have my sons Surname changed without needing his permission as he doesn’t want to know anymore! Thanks in advance



  1. Can I have a reply please

    He has his other child every weekend but doesn’t want anything to do with my little boy! It’s heartbreaking 😢 but he has said In the past that he can stop me from getting a passport cus I need his signature and he can refuse to let me take my son out of the country (even though he’s only spiting his son!) I’m not sure how it all works or where I would even start? And if he refused to sign all his rights over would I have to take it to court? Tia

  2. Don’t be so quick to sign his rights away.
    You don’t need both parents signatures for things like passports.
    I’ve had no trouble getting things like that for my kids.
    Seek some legal advice on the name change it may be easier to do than you think.
    Also just because he doesn’t want anything to do with his child he should still pay child maintenance towards him, which is easier to obtain if he’s on the birth certificate.
    These deadbeat dad’s can choose to sherk there responsibilities by not being involved with there kids lifes however they should be made to pay .

  3. I’m in the exact same position and have been for 6 years. I’ve never had issues. I changed his name by deed poll to my surname and just wrote a supporting letter stating that I don’t have contact with his father etc and in regards to a passport exactly the same.

Leave a Reply