You’ve all seen the warnings about cutting up grapes before giving them to your children, a lot of schools even place notes in packed lunches if they are not cut the correct way and the meme of how to prepare grapes is forever shared across social media.
With Easter coming up I want to warn you all about another deadly choking hazard, one that tragically took away my child.
It has been just short of three years since my precious little girl Sophie passed away she had choked on a mini egg and I was unable to dislodged it, even with back slaps and pushing up and under her ribs, I had done a first aid course only six months prior to this event so all the techniques to help a choking child were still fresh in my mind but it didn’t help, I watched the light slip away from my babies eyes, I tried in vain to save her.
Sophie was 5 1/2 so not a tiny tot yet this seemingly harmless treat took my angel away.
If your children enjoy these chocolate treats please watch them extra close and remind them to sit down whilst eating them or avoid them altogether.
Since Sophie’s passing I have seen many other parents posting into “mum groups”or their personal Facebook timelines saying their child had also choked on mini eggs, please parents be careful I would hate to know another child had been harmed by these Easter treats, if just one person reads this and watches their toddler, child or teen extra close when eating these my daughter’s death will not be in vain, I would love to have them removed from the shelves but I know this will not happen, but getting parents to be extra vigilant is the best I can do, please watch your babies.