For anyone thinking of buying an Alba tablet from argos, please don’t.
I purchased these earlier in the year, I assumed that buying from argos I would receive a standard of quality and safety that’s not always guaranteed when buying online.. And with electronic items that are for my kids, safety is paramount.
Well I plugged these in charge today and tried to turn one on and it popped in my hands.
Bloody shook me up, I immediately pulled out the charger and looked closer to see the battery has expanded and popped open the casing. A quick google told me that the lithium battery exploded.
Called argos customer services and they first asked me if id used the correct charger – yes.
Then said I need to take it in store to let staff look and decide whether they will refund me or replace item.
I don’t want a replacement. That could have gone so very wrong and been much worse.
I just want to get this out asap. People will be buying Xmas presents and could very well be buying this dangerous item right now. I wanted them to halt all sales till its investigated properly.
Thankfully it wasnt one of my kids holding it, thankfully I wasn’t holding my newborn and thankfully it didn’t catch fire.
Credit Charlene jadeja