I’m not doing this to bad mouth the company but rather just to make people aware and to take extra precautions because I’ve always been a tommee tippe customer when I’ve had both my babies; however Sunday night (9.9.18) my 4-year-old son and I was taken to hospital and treated with 2nd degree burns as a result of the TOMMEE TIPPEE BOTTLE WARMER FLASK.
Even when locked it leaks badly, as I went to kiss my son good night the whole contents had come out of the flask; (I’m not entirely sure whether the water leaked from the gap by the lock button of whether theirs a fault with lid and it came from there.
I wasn’t really looking at the flask at the time due to us both needing to be under water; but when my partner when back it was locked and the lid was on so Who knows). I took three-quarters of the boiling water that was contained in it and my son had the splash back. My sons wound is healing perfect and should be gone within the next week or so; however I’ve damaged two layers of skin and damaged the nerves in my hand.
I have my dressings changed every two days and the nurses at the hospital are concerned because my skin isn’t blistering nor blanching so they had to keep a closer eye on me at the moment. I’m on strong painkillers and ibuprofen to try to ease the pain. They can’t tell me how it’ll heal until it starts to blister and can’t tel me whether I’ll get the nerves back until it starts changing and getting better.
Until this is investigated I would highly recommend using a different alternative for now. I’m so glad that I took the majority of the water because if I didn’t my son would have come of worse and maybe next time this might not be an adult and more a baby. 😭
I’ve rang the company and they are investigating – so are aware of this issues. (Seems to have been an issues for more than a few years) ‼️‼️‼️ I do understand some flask have been fine; and that’s amazing! I just wanted people to go careful that’s all, extremely unfortunate event.