Dentastix Are Causing Dogs Seizures

A warning for all you dog owners. DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT give your dog pedigree dentastix. After a lot of detective work, we have realised that these dentastix were the reason Minnie was having seizures. Her potassium levels came back high (hyperkalemia).

Hyperkalemia is caused by injestion of antifreeze. And guess what dentastix contain? ANTIFREEZE!!! Pedigree obviously don’t display this on their products, instead they display it as Sodium Tripolyphosphate which is a component of antifreeze! Please be careful what you are feeding your dogs. I wouldn’t want my worst enemy to go through what we have with Minnie, it has been awful. Pedigree dentastix are now banned from this house.

 Yes there is going to be a debate around it and I’m not saying this can happen to every dog, but it has happened to ours. Do your own research into it and form your own opinion. But I am not the only one who has had bad experiences with dentastix. I completely understand that STTP is in a lot of foods that us as humans eat and also animals, but too much of something isn’t good for you

Full credit Loren moon

4 thoughts on “Dentastix Are Causing Dogs Seizures

  • 21st November 2018 at 6:01 pm

    How long were you giving them to her?

  • 10th September 2019 at 11:17 pm

    Thank you, I think you just saved my dogs life. She started having seizures 2 months ago. Have now banned all treats. So far no more seizures and she’s behaving like a very happy girl again

  • 20th September 2019 at 12:31 am

    Key words: too much. Anything ingested by any being in excess is not good.


Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: