ADVICE TO MEN ABOUT THEIR PREGNANT WIFE…
Men, today I want us to talk about PREGNANCY.
Do you know that certain things you do when your wife is pregnant actually contributes to the state of health of the mother and unborn child?
Listen, it bothers me a lot when I see men showing no concern to their pregnant wife or fail to adjust to some temporary changes.
It’s just 9 months, not like its forever.
Pregnancy is not bought in the market, neither is it a software downloaded from the internet. It’s a seed planted by you. There has to be a carrier of that seed while it grows, and women have been given the responsibility to carry it.
Pregnancy is preparation to welcome a new member into the family. Pregnancy is a journey fun-filled, amazing etc.
Women differ in body changes. Although Pregnancy makes women do certain things in common.
■Once in a while she would nag and moan
■Once in a while she would request for things unimaginable e.g she wants to eat a sponge with marmite.
■Once in a while she will be to tired to make you your meals
■Once in a while she would want to stretch her legs on your laps. Please pardon her… carrying the baby ain’t easy.
Her needs may be unsatisfiable at times.
The first Trimester of the journey can be so annoying. Like I say women differ from each other during pregnancy.
●While most women are busy vomiting.
●Most of them sleep like a log, they nod off anywhere with the slightest chance even in the kitchen.
●While most women feel terribly hot.
●While most women put on weight, some will have swollen ankles as well.
●She will hate you and love you and cry over anything
Please tolerate this, it’s beautiful afterwards.
Her attitude becomes annoying, most times you can’t stand her. But I get annoyed when I see men neglect their pregnant wife. She’s not an abomination, neither is she a curse. I must say, it’s not an easy journey for all.
The last Trimester is when you need to be extra patient, loving, enduring and understanding.
1) Always observe your wife’s feet while pregnant, it swells often. Please give her a basin of water to soak her feet once in a while, it’s one of the best treats women enjoy during pregnancy.
2) Ask her regularly how she feels and how the baby is. She’s the carrier so she feels him/her move.
3) Tell her how beautiful she looks during pregnancy e.g ” This pregnancy is making you glow”.
Even if she has grown bigger in size cause of the pregnancy, celebrate her.
4) Don’t be upset if she ever wakes you up by 2am to help massage her feet. You need to feel a little bit of her discomfort and pain. She shouldn’t carry it alone, it’s your baby you need to carry it together. (I don’t mean physically though).
5) No rule book stopped sex during pregnancy, in short it’s the best sex…. do it. It’s not like the vagina stopped working during pregnancy. o boy continue the work that brings the pregnancy.
6) Don’t be ashamed to take her out. Take her out once in a while to those lovie dovie places you used to go together. They love it…
Most times I wonder what crosses the heart of men when they see their pregnant wives. Carrying a child for 9 months isn’t easy.
I urge all men to get closer to their spouses during pregnancy because that’s one of the times she needs you most.
A big shout out to all men who fully stand by their wife during pregnancy. God bless you all.