Do Not Buy This Toy For Christmas

I have been advised by the Dr’s, nurses and surgeons that have been looking after my son to write this post to show the dangers of these toys …. This is my 3 year old son Reggie and on the 3rd of November we were taken to our local hospital after waking up to him being sick, grey in colour and struggling to keep him awake, I first thought it was a sickness bug and at the hospital they realised he was severely dehydrated which I couldn’t understand as he never stops drinking, they decided to do some further tests and sent him for an x-ray and that was when they realised the problem .. the x-ray showed that he had swallowed some little magnetic balls. My heart sank I knew exactly what they were his older brothers toy magnets.

Within an hour of the x-ray we were blue lighted to Nottingham hospital where on arrival my poor boy was rushed straight into theatre- throughout the ambulance ride I could see he was deteriorating. He was put to sleep at 7.15pm and for 3 or so hours they worked on him – it was the longest 3 hours of my life as I didn’t know what damage had been done. It turns out these little magnetic balls had done some serious damage, they were found in 4 separate areas, in places they had caused holes in his intestines and then reconnected which made his bowel have a bend in it and that’s where the main obstruction was they also found 6 balls lodged together which were completely stuck and they had to make a cut to get them out, the surgeons came to see me – I was so worried I had been pacing the floor going out my mind, they told me they had managed to save his bowel but he’s had lots of work done to it as there were lots of holes and these all needed repairing. He’s still not completely out of the woods as a leakage could happen. I don’t even no when he swallowed these magnets but the surgeon seems to think they have been there a while as they had started to corrode inside him and were poisoning reggie. He has high infection and is in intensive care on oxygen.

Do Not Buy This Toy For Christmas
Do Not Buy This Toy For Christmas


Please please if your children have some of these little magnets show them the dangers of putting them in their mouths or better yet chuck them in the bin. My boy is lucky to still have his bowel, he had swallowed 19 balls he went from a little bit ill with what I thought was just a stomach bug to seriously ill in a short space of time and then major surgery.
These silly little things are dangerous and I wouldn’t want anybody else to feel the way I have the past days.

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY A MASSIVE THANKYOU TO EVERYBODY THAT HAS TOOK THE TIME TO SHARE MY POST THE MESSAGE IS SPREADING FAR THANKYOU FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS AND GET WELL MESSAGES IT MEANS SO MUCH I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY A BIG 🖕 TO THE HATE THAT HAS ALSO BEEN RECIEVED I DIDN’T WATCH MY SON SWOLLOW THEM I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW HE HAD ACCESS TO THEM BECAUSE IF I KNEW HE HAD THEM WE WOULDN’T BE IN THIS HORRIBLE SITUATION I’M NOT SAYING DON’T BUY THEM THAT IS EVERYBODY’S CHOICE WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO IS SPREAD THE WORD IF YOU HAVE GOTTHEM TO PLEASE WHEN THERE PLAYED WITH MAKESURE YOUR CHILD IS WATCHED AS THIS IS WHAT COULD HAPPEN THIS IS SERIOUS THIS IS THE DAMAGE THEY CAN DO IF SWALOWED I BEAT MYSELF UP EVERYDAY THINKING ABOUT THE WHAT IFS AND BUTS BUT I ALSO KNOW THIS WASWAY OUT OF MY HANDS AND IF I CAN SAVE ANOTHER CHILD AND THERE PARENTS GOING THROUGH WHAT ME AND Ben Hodgson HAVE THEN MY WORK IS DONE THANKYOU AGAIN FOR THE HELP TO RAISE AWARENESS…. ALSO A MASSIVE THANKYOU TO ALL THE NHS STAFF THAT HELP MY BOY AMBULANCE CREW EVERYBODY XX

Credit https://m.facebook.com/martina.glaister

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: